Hi John,

On Aug 14, 2008, at 12:40 AM, John Casey wrote:

Vincent,

I'm trying to run the build here on my localhost so I can do some more effective debugging of the lifecycle executor.

However, I'm missing (at least) two jars for the platform build. Can you give me a pointer on where I can find these? I've done some looking around on google for the jcr jar, but without much luck.

I guess you've added the xwiki remote repo to your settings.xml
(see http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building#HInstallingMaven)

Hmm... this is weird. I've tried to locate them in my local repo and they're not there... But the build works fine without them here. It seems it's also the case on Hudson:
http://ci.sonatype.org/view/Community%20Test%20Projects/job/XWiki-Enterprise/3/console

Ah I think I know! I think you have the central repo defined first and thus maven will find the jackrabbit-core jar there and not from the xwiki remote repo. We had needed to have our own version because its pom was invalid (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-453).

So the solution should be to put the XWiki remote repo before the central one in your settings.xml.

Thanks
-Vincent

1) jsr170:jcr:jar:1.0

 Then, install it using the command:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=jsr170 -DartifactId=jcr - Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=jsr170 -DartifactId=jcr - Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] - DrepositoryId=[id]

 Path to dependency:
       1) com.xpn.xwiki.platform:xwiki-core:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
       2) org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-core:jar:1.1
       3) jsr170:jcr:jar:1.0

2) gnujaxp:gnujaxp:jar:1.0.0

 Then, install it using the command:
mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=gnujaxp -DartifactId=gnujaxp -Dversion=1.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=gnujaxp -DartifactId=gnujaxp - Dversion=1.0.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] - DrepositoryId=[id]

 Path to dependency:
       1) com.xpn.xwiki.platform:xwiki-core:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT
       2) jfree:jfreechart:jar:1.0.0-rc1
       3) gnujaxp:gnujaxp:jar:1.0.0

Vincent Massol wrote:
Hi John,