On 17-Sep-08, at 6:19 PM, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

In order to show/test Mercury transport layer, I implemented Mercury wagon provider. The first one could be deployed into any (I hope) Maven >= 2.0.9 and implements two protocols: mttp and mttps, so that it could be used in parallel with http and https providers. It can be configured generate/verify PGP signatures.

I think you should explain some of the transport features as well. I know what you, Greg, Jan, and Jesse have done and it's significant and you should outline those.

Upload protocol - is webDAV, encoded the same - mttp or mttps. I only tested uploads with Nexus.

Nexus actually will accept a simple PUT, but it doesn't do WebDAV. We might put it back but it's just PUT. But we could setup a simple WebDAV server using Jetty and a WebDAV servlet to try it. You could probably snag the tests from the WebDAV wagon. I assume there are some Jetty+

Details and provider binaries - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY-8 - grab the zip and unpack it into $M2_HOME/lib, then define your mttp serevrs in pom.xml and/or settings.xml, examples in Jira

I would be interested in seeing a branch created with this as the default http provider. If it's a complete replacement for the lightweight/regular/webdav wagons then I think this would be a good thing.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.