Sory, I missed time to follow this thread, thanks to benjamin for the ping.
I applied MCHECKSTYLE-105 patch as is and did not detect the breacking
changes, it can be rollbacked - I will check MCHECKSTYLE-101later.

Following the thread about plugin and Java5 I've created a branch for
checkstyle plugin :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/branches/maven-checkstyle-plugin-java1.4/

This branch at revision just prior this commit, so we can just switch this
branch with trunk to get a clean rollback. I could the create a java5 branch
and apply MCHECKSTYLE-105 without the breacking changes to codestyle rules
you noticed.

Nicolas