On 10/11/2009, at 2:05 PM, Dan Fabulich wrote:

I just posted a proposal that the code I checked in before this announcement should make it in to alpha-3.

I think if I vote -1 that will veto the release. I don't think that's professional (I did just break the build three days before the release vote, and I'm still quite ashamed by it), so I'll just say -0.9.

There's no vetoes on releases.

I think we should land the MNG-3004 branch to trunk and cut a new RC for alpha-3.

Otherwise, I guess I'll try to kick off an alpha-4 vote shortly after alpha-3, which seems wasteful.

Versions are cheap :)

I haven't tested alpha-3 yet, but I don't want to see anything derail that, since it's been a long time coming. I think it would be better for issues found after the last 11 months of changes to be separate from anything introduced by a multi-threaded build.

- Brett