> I haven't tested alpha-3 yet, but I don't want to see anything derail that,
> since it's been a long time coming. I think it would be better for issues
> found after the last 11 months of changes to be separate from anything
> introduced by a multi-threaded build.

Agreed. Unless you can attach the new code in such a way that a
default of 0 causes the exact old code to run, I think it's too risky.
(My assumption on Friday was that this was the case) We've been
running the current code and incrementally improving stability, I
wouldn't want that thrown out the window with a break in the new code.
Having in the trunk for Alpha-4 is going to get plenty of testing
prior to a release since we run the trunk at Sonatype for Nexus and on
the grid.