Igor Fedorenko wrote:

Out of curiosity, what kind of performance difference you get with this
optimization vs without it?

I did not benchmark this. This is about IO, so pick a module count, an average artifact size and IO throughput.

Also, I think implementation should behave the same for pom and other
artifacts. I would not want to have to troubleshoot "strange" build
failures should pom get out of sync with the rest.

I merely tried to realize a compromise based on some ideas in this thread. Feel free to veto it or revise it, my heart is not hanging on this.

Benjamin