> What is your proposal here - did you want to vote those 3 people in as
> committers on the basis of the contribution, or will the existing committers
> apply patches until the rest of us get to know them? (I don't know who they
> are, so we may already). Funnily enough these alternatives have been a
> current topic on gene...@incubator for other projects :)

I was intentionally vague because I didn't want to imply any type of
contingency on the committers coming with the code. The committers are
Tamas Cservanak, Damian Bradicich and Brian Demers. They've all been
around the periphery of Maven for a while now, on the lists and irc
etc. It would certainly make maintenance easier if they had commit
access, but we can judge that on merits separate from the code.

I did review the incubator threads and it seemed to be the consensus
that the incubator has it's hands full and that projects should
incubate subproject code where applicable. I see no value in trying to
bring this code in through the full incubator since any new committers
are already familiar with the process and we have proper mentors
available.