> Currently you can only say "compile" is outputDependenant upon itself,
> meaning it'll wait for "compile" in all upstream projects to finish
> before proceeding. We also need to be able to specify the explicit
> target of the dependency, so you could say "test" is outputDependant on
> "compile" in all upstream modules.

I'm not familiar enough with internal workings of maven but I thought
that if project Y had a dependency on X and Y is compiled it uses the
installed X jar in the m2 repo (not the classes in X/target/classes)
i.e the "compile" of Y has to wait for "install" of X.

Which seems to reduce your capacity for concurrency.
What have I missed?