On 30 January 2010 02:38, Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> wrote:

> On 2010-01-29, at 4:09 PM, nicolas de loof wrote:
>
> > could we use "milestone" as names in replacement for "alpha", so that we
> get
> > more early-adopter to test the (pre)release and detected regressions ?
> >
> > I can understand the difficulty to suggest a build tool with "alpha" in
> > version name. Would you install Windows 8 alpha on your @work computer ?
> ;)
> >

> I'm not really into playing the name game to please managers. I think what
> we're doing is the right way to go. It's going to take a bit longer, but
> we're absorbing the change requests as fast as we can now. The error reports
> are of good quality and helpful. When those dry up then it will be time to
> move on.

+1, we have a small pile of issues to verify and perhaps fix for
3.0-alpha-7, and a couple of large piles still to sort through, plus
whatever reports are coming in - but we know what constitutes the release
now and those wanting to see it get to final need only help reduce the
number of issues through patches and/or test cases :)

Cheers,
Brett