Yes but the main issue is that nobody will test aether/guice before the release
of the beta (and more before a real GA).
We can suppose we'll find some others issues like the OOEM I had and thus this
beta will be useless (for me it is in the current state => 14M/2488M &
5:23.389s vs 9M/125M & 21.567s).
Thus they have to wait again 1 week or two or more to have another beta more
stable while they could a have one now with the current trunk.

But I agree we are no more to one or two weeks of delay. beta1 was released
several months ago and the latest stable version will have 1 year old in few
days.
In // others challengers are delivering regular releases and ours users begin
to have a look at them because they see no activity in our side.

My goal, like you, is to see the 3.0 out ASAP and I hope it will occur.

Cheers,