For the eclipse plugin, I think that just moving it to retired isn't a good
think because even if we are agree that this one is now really difficult to
maintain, this is always the preferred integration way with eclipse in many
corporate environments.
Thus we cannot just say to our community that we just stop to maintain it.
We have to propose something else.
m2eclipse or Q4E are the best choices for now but they don't cover all what
eclipse:eclipse can do and they have always some performances/stabilities
issues with large projects.
Everybody can fork eclipse:eclipse plugin (and many teams already did it) but I
think we should provide a solution for them to try to share their changes.

How will we communicate around these changes ?