Hi there,

some people recommend to use a mirror for maven. Others are required to as
their IP address has been blacklisted so they can not reach central
(repo1.maven.org) anymore.

>From what I know mirrors are listed here:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mirrors+Repositories

My feedback on this:

1. http://ftp.cica.es/mirrors/maven2
last_updated.txt: Sat Jan  9 20:15:40 CST 2010
That is pretty outdated...

2. http://repo1.sonatype.net/maven2
Does not work. I get always get 404.

3. http://repo.exist.com/maven2/
last_updated.txt: Tue Nov 23 22:30:45 CST 2010
Not up-to-date...

4. http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2
last_updated.txt: Tue Nov 30 22:54:22 CST 2010
Not really up-to-date...

5. http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2
Is always redirecting to
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2

6. http://mirrors.redv.com/maven2
I get 403 - maybe only visible in china...

7. http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/maven
Does not work. I get always get 404.

8. http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/maven2
Does not work. I get always get 404.

9. http://mirror.netcologne.de/maven2
last_updated.txt: Tue Nov 30 22:54:22 CST 2010
Not really up-to-date...

I do not know what you actually expect from a mirror,
but in other universes (e.g. linux) a real mirror is usually
never older than 2 days.

Of course nobody owns the maven community anything and
everybody can start his own mirror.
However banning people from central in this case seems to
be a hard punishment and there should be some process to get
out of this again.

I can perfectly access central but I have some friends that have been
blacklisted.

If someone can confirm the errors with the mirrors sending
404, we can at least remove them from the wiki page.

Maybe also the sync of the outdated mirrors has been broken
for some reason and someone can check this.

Thanks
  Jörg