> Hi,
Hi there,

> I guess I am one of those "scrapers". Could you please tell me how can I get
> all pom files stored in the central repository? (I just need them for
> research.) Should I setup a mirror? If so how can I do so?

You can simply use a maven repository server such as nexus, artifactory or
archiva.

However if you crawl the entire repository once it will not make a difference.
Only if you download the same artifacts multiple time the repository server will
act as proxy (like your local repo) to prevent repetitive downloads.
But downloading all "pom" files should be avoided within a short time.
Please use a delay to reduce the load and if possible use a mirror...

> Thanks.

Thanks for taking care
  Jörg