Greetings,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org> wrote:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Proposal+--+A+creation+and+retirement+plan+for+plugins

>From the proposal:

2. Make one final release of the plugin before it is retired. This
allows us to make a clean break. The final release must change the POM
so that SCM URLs are removed or changed to reflect the decision made
in the vote. If the plugin is moved elsewhere a prominent notice must
be placed on the front page of the plugin's site. The person who wants
to retire a plugin is the one who does the final release.

This seems wrong to me. Why would we make a final release from the
official Maven forge and yet have an SCM which points somewhere else?
This seems really misleading; certainly more-so than a future user
going to the (now defunct) SCM and not finding the plugin and having
to do some enlightenment work about where the release is now.

I'm not even sure the m-release-p could technically handle such a thing.

-Jesse