On 24/05/2011, at 10:12 PM, Arnaud Héritier wrote:

> Before talking about a specific change in the model like the addition of
> mixins (which may be cool but not critical) did we :
> - studied that we had everything necessary to manage new versions of POMs
> with something a little bit dynamic inside the core and all that is
> necessary on repositories side ?

No, I listed it as a prerequisite, and while I've prototyped this a long time
ago, I haven't done the investigation yet. The projects I'm dealing with at the
moment have the mixin need, so that's on my mind and what I wanted to capture,
and I'll look at the background needs while this discussion continues.

> - studied if we couldn't start by really simple issues that may already do a
> very useful 3.1 version like the addition of global exclusions ?

That has a lot of consequences, so it's no necessarily easier. I think to prove
the above, something such as http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3726 could be
implemented.

- Brett

--