Returning to the very start of this thread:

Now that I seem to have caught up with my current box of itches on
plugins for the moment, I'd be more than happy to join this parade.
Could some more experience committer grab a defect JIRA that has a
some value to it, throw it up here on the list, and shout 'pull'?