1: This [VOTE] is cancelled due to a merge snafu in the prep.

2: for Gavin: I spent several days fixing up a very broken feature to
render the plugin actually usable with customized JIRA installations.
I want to put that work to work in the real world, and I didn't see
any other outstanding issues that I felt qualified to tackle straight
off. I also invited the dev@ and pmc@ community to comment on the
proposal to make a release several days before I started it, and
received no doubts.

If people would prefer to call it 2.5.1 tell me now, but I think that
the amount of code furniture movement, pace the small JIRA count,
justifies 2.6.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> don't knock somebody who is taking the time and effort to actually run a
> release.
>
> any improvement is an improvement... you could quibble that maybe it should
> have been a 2.5.1 and not a 2.6 but it is down to the person who steps up to
> make the release.
>
> speaking with my pmc hat on, any improvement merrits a release... the
> decision as to whether to take that effort is down to the individual
> committer who steps up. it may be that benson needs the release in another
> project, so what you see as trivial may be a blocker to somebody else
> (personally in those cases I usually add a ref to the project needing the
> fast release, but there is no requirement to have such a ref).
>
> lets keep things positive, and benson, keep up the hard work
>
> I'll review the release when at a computer where I can test it
>
> - Stephen
>
> ---
> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes, random nonsense
> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype to type on the
> screen
> On 19 Jun 2011 09:35, "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

>>> project+%3D+MCHANGES+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DE