I have been working on the mock-repository-maven-plugin over at
mojo... but it's a side-project of one of my side-projects'
side-projects...

I shall be getting back at some time in the near future.

I would do something like a file:/// based repo for now until I can
get you the mock-repo plugin

-Stephen