Just reading this thread and was surprised as I wasn't aware Aether had gone EPL only.

I was about to start a thread around getting a Maven 3.0.4 release pushed out using Aether 1.12 which solves a, IMHO -MAJOR- bug in Maven that prevents artifacts from being resolved properly when they come directly third party repositories.

I'm not sure if this 1.12 release is EPL only or not tho.

Benson Margulies wrote:
Actually the discussions I remember have explicitly favoured (3) (forking the
last ALv2 version) if no ALv2 licensed version is available anymore. There are
2 arguments for that: it's not only aether, it's also sisu and the other guice
stuff.