It is sort-of possible to plug per-project dependency resolver and this
is more or less how Tycho works already (I can provide more details
about implementation, if you are interested). The problem is on the
consumer end. What dependency resolution logic you expect to apply if
standard maven project depends on an artifact built using custom
resolver? What if both projects use custom resolvers? So far, we did not
find an answer for just two resolution strategies (i.e. maven and
tycho/p2/osgi) and I am afraid a general solution for N resolvers
simply does not exist.

Igor