Potentially not.  I suppose if there was a way to say [2.0.0,3.0.0) *excluding
SNAPSHOTS* then that would certainly be in my favor.

From memory there was a discussion some time ago regarding range resolution
excluding -SNAPSHOTs unless the artifacts were also in the current reactor
build, from memory the discussion was last stalled around whether to have a
command line arg for this, or to introduce something like
<build><allowExternalSnapshots/></build>.