Hello
Jetty is normally able to start on a random port.
I have fixed that recently in archetype.
Imho better solution.
Which tests fail for this reason ?

--
Olivier
send from a mobile
 Le 31 juil. 2011 17:43, "Mark Struberg" <strub...@yahoo.de> a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> While browsing our CI results I saw randomly failing tests. Most of them
are caused by starting jetty on a specific port which already is in use by
another test.

> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
>
> Clearly if 2 unit tests fire up a jetty instance on the same port, then
this cannot run in parallel

> Proposal:
>
> What if we add a property in the maven-surefire-plugin to name a semaphore
resource?

> <resource>port1080</resource>
>
> This could be a comma separated list. Surefire will then check if any
resource is blocked before scheduling the next test.