Hello,

I would be very interested to have [1] implemented. Our use case is to
compile a subpart of our aggregator + all associated dependencies. The
current behaviour requires us to provide *all* individual modules, which
defeats the purpose of aggregators.

I've made a patch proposal a while ago [2] but got so far no feedback
(positive or negative). I know that you don't monitor pull requests on GH
for Maven, but since in my company we start having serious needs for this,
I'd like to take the necessary steps for this to be integrated. I'm
guessing some ITs will be required, but I just want to know if the change
sounds like a reasonable one (given that is changing a bit the semantic of
the '-pl' option).

Thanks for your feedback,

Vincent

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4637