On 24/07/2012, at 9:39 PM, Christian Rohmann wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> 1) I noticed that the rsync for the maven2 repository
> "mirrors.ibiblio.org::maven2" does not work anymore.

This is supposed to work, so I opened an issue:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL-225. I cloned the previous
instance where it was broken for a significant amount of time.

> Anyways, mirror.netcologne.de has now some powerful new hardware and
> lots of space. We would love to get the maven2 mirror working again and
> serve as a mirror for users in Germany and Europe to be able to fetch
> files faster. See the attached email with the inital offer to mirror the
> maven2 repo. We now have a way more powerful box with more than 20 TB of
> space, 48GB of RAM and 2 gbit/s of IPv4 and IPv6 connectity.

My understanding is that unfortunately Sonatype are not allowing anyone else to
mirror the content directly any more.

> 2) I desperately try to sign up to repo-maintain...@maven.apache.org to
> ask there, but after I send back the "confirm subscribe" I don't get an
> answer from the mailing list. Are you manually accepting subscriptions?

Yes, it had moderated subscription - we're overdue to shut that list down since
there's nothing the Maven team can do to answer these questions any more. Did
you see an outstanding reference to it on the web site?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org