Hello,

> Central is now on a CDN so parallel mirrors don't really help anymore. See
> more here
> http://www.sonatype.com/people/2012/07/we-just-kicked-central-performance-and-availability-up-a-notch-with-edgecast/

Is there a way to retrieve a full copy or to mirror Maven Central from
your new CDN (with rsync, or others)? I would like to build a service
that uses these artifacts but it seems really complex or even
impossible to retrieve update to date information about artifacts. I
mean that every two hours new artifacts may be published but it seems
that nexus indexes are updated only every week.

Also, the maven search engine [1] seems to be synchronized with an
update frequency lower than 4 hours. Is it not possible to offer to
everyone the same possibility (more frequent update of indexes or
update through rsync, etc.)?

[1] http://search.maven.org/

Kind Regards,

Laurent