sorry, didn't catch this reply earlier.

I see, but then we are back to my original problem. Once you add e.g.
log4j-slf4j binding then you will get nasty class cast exceptions because they
are not fully binary compatible. If there is a log4j.jar in the classpath of
the plugin already then it might even crash with a weird Exception.

I've seen such problems in the wild.
This is nothing which slf4j does wrong - it's just not really possible to do it
100% right.

We imo only have the option to choose between different kinds of 'broken'.

LieGrue,
strub