I checked out Maven and used its build as a comparison.  First, I ran the log4j
2 build and it was taking around 59 seconds.  I then changed the log4j2.xml to
remove the colors.  I then got an average time for Log4j 2 of  54.76s and for
Logback I get an average of 55.225s.  I consider these differences to be
meaningless.

For reference, the log4j2.xml I used is attached.

Ralph