Yeah, measuring performance on modern cpu's is totally borked. To get
any real measurements one probably needs to to average of 100 non-stop
builds or similar, to counter for all the dark magics intel do with
temperature-based overclocking.

I think I've seen somewhere that it's possible to disable all the
cpu-voodo in the bios. But what a pain to reboot to change those
settings ! Or dig out the old Pentium4 from the closet.

Kristian