Dear sir/madame,

I'm Elmar Maan and I'm studying software engineering in Holland.

I'm developing a desktop application, that can easily generate maven modules,
inside a Maven project.
This will be a JavaFX application, so I need to call Maven commands from Java
code.

This is what I've tried:
First I tried to use the Maven library, which I found in the Maven central
repository. (org.apache.maven.archetype: archetype-common 2.2)
I wanted to use the DefaultArchetypeManager the generate a project from an
archetype (generateProjectFromArchetype(ArchtypeRequest, request)

This gave me a lot of nullpointer exceptions, because almost all the classes
that it uses are interfaces, which are never initialized.

So after three days of struggling with the library, I had no results.
Then I found the maven-embedder library.
This library lets me run the maven command-line commands, like mvn
archetype:generate, and works just fine, but I think it's deprecated, because
there is no more information on the maven site.

Also the library I used earlier has less or zero documentation or examples.

My question is, What's the best way to call the maven archetype:generate
command, so I can generate archetypes from remote catalogs etc.
Is there another library, or am i developing something that is not even
possible?

Yours sincerely,

Elmar Maan
student

e-mail: mailto:elm...@infosupport.com
mobiel: +31 (0)652 290 928

Info Support
Kruisboog 42
3905 TG Veenendaal
tel: +31 (0)318 55 20 20
fax: + 31 (0)318 55 23 55
www.infosupport.com<http://www.infosupport.com/>

Op dit e-mailbericht is de disclaimer van Info Support van toepassing, zie
http://www.infosupport.com/disclaimer