Wondering: is this strategy still gonna choose the newest version specified
even if I specify a version inside my pom? Or is it only gonna be used
between dependencies?

If the latter, I may agree it can be of interest.
But with the first I guess it would get crazy not being able to force the
version to be used.

Cheers