On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Robert Scholte <rfscho...@apache.org> wrote:
> The problem with newest is that it can *never* be overridden by the active
> project, for whatever reason.
> Instead of newest I'd prefer to use the RequireUpperBoundDependencies
> Enforcer Rule[1] which give you the same result (otherwise the build will
> fail).

Cool, thanks for the tip.  I didn't know about
RequireUpperBoundDependencies; that may be useful to us in the short
term, since failing may be better than pulling the wrong version.

But long term that is not what we want.  For the components where
we're allowing version conflicts, we want to choose the "newest", not
fail.

Phillip