IMO publishing to central/acrhiva would involve publishing the "richest"
format available. Based on use-agent identification (or lack of a given
request param indicating old-style client) the repository should be able to
down-transform a v5 pom to a v4 pom "on the fly" ? We're not going to be
losing semantic
backward compatibility on any of the changes I've seen suggested yet ?

Also, did I miss the bit where someone explained why the whole "how to
build" section cannot be stripped away upon publication ? I don't
understand why that means we need multuiple files.

I'm exposed to "the competition" at @dayjob these days, and I must say I
think reducing verobosity and duplication is /the/ most important feture of
 a v5 pom for me.

Kristian