We found the issue already, thanks for the bump in priority ! The jdk issue
tracker does not allow us much in the way of features (like issue watching
!)

There is a comment I'd like to make about the issue comment of us reporting
this issue "6 months ago". 6 months ago was M7, labeled as "feature
complete" according to the JDK8 plan. Our code base is *huge* and there's a
fair amount of weird stuff going on, and I think most of us on the maven
team are reluctant to start testing with something that is "just" feature
complete.

Finding and reporting this *one* issue took quite some effort, since we're
usually talking about tests written for *other* purposes that break; and
they break in weird places & highly unexpected manners. So realistically
we're testing at the earliest level we're comfortable with (which I find is
M8-ish). Less complex projects are probably a bit more risk-willing than us
:)

We have quite some momentum in our jdk8 testing now, and there's quite a
few of us who seem intent on verifying *everything*
in good time before GA. I know I'll be picking up the verification once
JDK-8030781 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8030781> gets
released into a nightly.

Kristian