On 14 Feb 2014, at 2:27, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Why wouldn't you put something with its own release cycle in its own repository?

Actually, whilst we're on the subject - can we get a maven-release-plugin out which locks in a newer version of the *-scm-* dependencies as currently, m-r-p BREAKS on current git ( due to git finally changing the output format of git-status ). So we need to config with:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.4.2</version>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitexe</artifactId>
                        <version>1.9</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>

Not sure if I ever raised a bug for this in Jira or not...