Hello,

If you include new functionality this means that according to semver you
increase the second digit, which means conservative users will do this upgrade
step not so easy anymore  (and therefore miss all future fixes).

I would rather include enhancements anyway but divert from strict semver: The
most visible change would be that the minimum prerequisites for a plugin needs
to observe the last digit (like it is today). So the meanings of the digits are
more risk than compatibility oriented.

Applying stricter semver would require to not ship enhancements until a new
functional release is cut (and then deciding if older functional releases still
get bugfixes or not).

Bernd

BTW: I think this is totally Independent of the topic if running Integration
builds with automatic promotions.