> I have some questions about running hadoop on top of Mesos, please help me.
> 1. when a tasktracker is launched, if n cpu core are allocated to it, it
> can only launch n-1 map tasks. Could someone tell me why? And, if I want to
> run map-only job, what should I do to run n map tasks on a n cpu resource
> offer?

This is because 1 cpu is allocated to the task tracker itself.

> 2. After a tasktracker is launched, in what condition it's status will
> update to FINISHED?
> In my cluster, sometimes it will never end until I restart the jobtracker.
> Sometimes it will end if there is no task or job in jobtracker to run.

The expected case is that the task tracker is finished/killed if there is
no task/job assigned to it. If there is an idle task tracker for a long
time it's probably a bug (@brenden can correct me if the semantics have
changed around this). Some logs would help diagnose the issue.

> 3. How to use DRF with weight? I run two frameworks on mesos, and I want
> to give them different proportion of resources.
>
> Give each framework a different role (FrameworkInfo.role) and give weights
to each role via master command line flags (see --roles and --weights via
./master --help).