On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Vladimir Vivien
<vladimir.viv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for clarifying. I thought the low-level api being referred in the
> video had to do with communication between master and framework|executor
> for scheduling.  But, it's really administrative.  I thought that would
> have been an opportunity for a Go binding that did not require the C++
> libraries.

The go protobuf support requires the protoc tool (which is written in
C++) but I'm pretty sure the code generated is pure go code.  I
haven't built any go code with protobufs in it, but just from reading
the docs and looking at the proto library code I don't see any linkage
to C++.

So you need a C++ coded tool to generate code, but the result is pure Go.

Kevin

--
Kevin Lyda
Galway, Ireland