I've started preparing the python bindings to hopefully take this
route ( https://reviews.apache.org/r/23224/ would love some reviews!
). In fact, there is already a native python implementation of both
libprocess and the framework apis! (https://github.com/wickman/pesos/
, https://github.com/wickman/compactor ).

What are the benefits of bindings being part of the project source
itself instead of having blessed implementations like mesos-python
where the source and versioning becomes separate? I've been running
into difficulties making automake and python's build tools play nicely
together. It seems like there'd be more flexibility in general by
splitting them out.