On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM, zhiwei <zhiw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kapil,
>
> There are two methods to build Mesos modules, one is using installed Mesos
> files, the other is using compiled Mesos files.

The second method is a hack because the first method is not foolproof.
Ideally, one should be able to build a module without having to
decipher the internal directory layout, etc., of Mesos build dir.

> Your proposal only affect the first method.
>
> I don't think packaging 3dparty libraries to Mesos is a good solution if
> the 3rdparty libraries have their own standard package(rpm or deb), we
> should document the 3rdparty libraries to let users install them.

That exactly is the problem. If the standard installed versions are
different (as noted in the follow up emails), it's not possible to
compile the module at all.