> Subject: Re: Upgrade to clang-format-3.8
> From: jor...@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:45:22 -0700
> To: dev@mesos.apache.org
>

> > On Mar 17, 2016, at 10:41 AM, Yong Tang <yong.tang.git...@outlook.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> >

> > This email is to announce that the default configuration and the
> > recommended version of the clang-format is being upgraded to 3.8 (from 3.5)
> > in mesos.
> >

> > In clang-format-3.8, the newly introduced option "AlignAfterOpenBracket:
> > AlwaysBreak" closes the largest gap between ClangFormat and the style guide
> > in mesos. It avoids  "jaggedness" in function calls and is worth migrating
> > for.
> >

> > Along with the changes in clang-format configuration
> > (support/clang-format), the documentation (docs/clang-format.md) is also
> > going to be updated to reflect changes in version and the recommended
> > installation process.
> >

> > More details about this upgrade could be found in MESOS-4906
> > (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4906). By the way, thanks
> > Michael for the help on this issue.
>
> This sounds really promising. Is the plan to auto-format everything with
> clang-format?

Hi James

My understanding is that there are two epic associated. One is the clang-format
integration that formatting whitespaces, multiple lines, etc. Another is the
clang-tidy integration that helps handle class/function naming conventions
etc..

clang-format integration:
clang-tidy integration:

Thanks