Yes, the idea is to make this general in the future. In fact, the whole
resource provider design keeps that in mind.

We could add a general "CONVERT" operation in the future with a free formed
key value pairs (as well as the source resources) as the parameters. And
it's up to the corresponding resource provider to interpret that.

- Jie