Andrew, here is my selection based on implementation difficulty, impact,
and code locality.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-5824 — augmenting string
representation of Resource for debuggability. Coding is trivial, but
requires finding a compromise between conciseness and clarity.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7606 — optimization in the
allocator. Not a trivial fix, but touches allocation: fun!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7191 — a very impactful change,
though there is no agreement on how to proceed here (hardcoded number?
configurable at master start? per request?). Requires some discussion
before it can be given out at a Hackathon.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-8329 — libprocess HTTP
processing fix. Likely an easy fix, may be combined with some refactoring.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7773 — refactoring of HTTP
pipeline in libprocess. Might be too much for a hackathon, but mentioning
it here since it is related to the ticket above.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7241 — reconciling status /
exit codes on Linux and Windows. Not a fast and easy one, but your area,
which will definitely help achieving the result.

Alex.