Thanks Greg for starting this thread!

> My primary motivation here is to bring our documented policy in line with
> our practice, whatever that may be

+100

Do people think that we should attempt to bring our release cadence more in
> line with our current stated policy, or should the policy be changed to
> reflect our current practice?

I think a minor release every 2 months is probably too aggressive. I don't
have concrete data, but my feeling is that the frequency that folks upgrade
Mesos is low. I know that many users are still on 1.2.x.

I'd actually suggest that we have a *minimal* interval between two releases
(e.g., 3 months), and provide some buffer for the release process. (so
we're expecting about 3 releases per year, this matches what we did last
year).

And we use our dev sync to coordinate on a release after the minimal
release interval has elapsed (and elect a release manager).

- Jie