Hi,

>> Note that since our style guide _is_ the Google style guide plus some
>> additions, we shouldn't need to update anything in our style guide; the
>> Google
>> style guide seems to have started requiring this from February this year and
>> our code base just got out of sync
>
> I'd prefer to hoist the rationale up to our guide, since the google one is
> pretty long and I don't expect us to all re-read it regularly :)

I can see that and am not strongly opposed to that approach.

At the same time that way we’d then require contributors to parse _both_ our
and Google’s C++ style guide to understand what style we prefer (plus figuring
out the delta). Since in this case we should be able to perform automated
checks, it should be possible to educate contributors about this requirement
even without explicitly calling it out ourself, so we could avoid putting more
reading between them and their contribution. I’ll put up a RR so we mention
both `support/mesos-style.py` and `support/mesos-tidy.sh` in the style guide.

> look for a review request in the near future

Sure! https://silverinahaystack.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/duck-and-cover-2.png

Cheers,

Benjamin