That's absolutely true. It's not that I want to stop discovering what we
can, but I was more thinking of also adding a mechanism to plug your own
metadata. I guess it's pretty rare that a database itself offers a "domain
oriented" metadata system where I could tell it that "this field is a zip
code, and together with field X, Y and Z it forms a single address".

While from a querying perspective what I would love to archieve is that I
could express something like the following:

"Query all the addresses in the database".
"Do a SUM, AVG, MAX and MIN on all the ordinal-scale numbers in the
database".

It will also help a lot in generating templates for data integration. If I
am trying to move data from one table to another then I can probably do a
lot of automatic mapping based on the metadata. Same goes for reporting I
guess and stuff like that.

Best regards,
Kasper