My assumption with HDP 3 was it would include Kafka 0.11 so we could
leverage the new idempotent producer + transactions API.

On the bro side, unless you know something I don't the Kafka plugin package
is the one I'm working on getting released using the Metron code (
https://github.com/jonzeolla/metron-bro-plugin-kafka which will hopefully
soon go to apache/).  Packages are new to 2.5, which is one of the reasons
I look to move Metron to it, among many others (including some pretty big
bugs that have been fixed and performance improvements).

I would contribute to a wish list/feature prioritization thread.

Jon

Sorry for the brevity, writing this on my mobile device.

Jon