Github user justinleet commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/858

    I agree with @cestella (and this might spill over into a discuss thread as
@ottobackwards mentioned).  Maintaining both anything over other than short,
short term is going to be a nightmare.  Invariably one or the other is going to
break independently of the other.

    Assuming we do go with remote debugging of Docker (and that's a total
assumption, to be clear), we should make sure that the instructions aren't
IntelliJ dependent.  Or at least, there are best effort instructions for people
using something else.  I.e. if we end up using something like JetBrains' Docker
Integration plugin, I personally think we should have at least some debugging
instructions available outside that.

---