I think one of the challenges is where the scope of threat intel ends from
the Metron roadmap? Does it gonna relly on supporting a standard format and
a loader to send it to HBase for the later threat intel use cases?

In my opinion, it would be better to have a separate topology (sort of
similar to the profiler approach) to get the feeds (maybe from Kafka) and
load it into HBase frequently based on what criteria we want to have. Maybe
we need to have some normalizations for the threat feeds (either aggregated
or single feed) as an example (or any other transformation by using
Stellar). Maybe we need to tailor row_key in a way that can be utilised
based on the threat intel look up we want to have further from the
enrichment topology. The problem I see with different loaders in Metron is
we can mostly use them for the purpose of POC, but if you want to build an
actual use case for a production platform then it will be out of the
flexibility of a loader, so we will end up feeding data to HBase based on
our use case.

In this case, maybe it won't be very important we want to use an aggregator
X or aggregator Y, we can integrate it with Metron based on integration
points.

Cheers,
Ali

--