I think this may have come up in another PR already (have to look for it).
But maybe we could maintain our flexibility in quick-dev by installing the
sensors and not starting them until we need them. I think it's useful to
have a quick "genuine" e2e testing environment that doesn't require running
through a full install. I'm also not opposed to extracting the integration
test functionality into general purpose data generators.