So this would be another incubator release?

On April 4, 2017 at 14:09:58, Matt Foley (ma...@apache.org) wrote:

Hi all,
Although it’s only been a few weeks since the last release was finally
published, that process started in January :-)
Also, the last commit in 0.3.1 was Feb 23, and there’s been a ton of really
cool new stuff added since then:

Biggest items:
- Multiple commits for REST API (base Jira: METRON-503)
- Multiple commits to work with Kerberized (secure) clusters (mult. Jiras)

Other major new features:
- METRON-690: DSL-based sparse time window specification for Profiler
- METRON-733: Remove Geo db from ParserBolt
- METRON-686: Record rule set that fired during Threat Triage
- METRON-743: Sort files when reading results from Pcap
- METRON-701: Triage metrics produced by Profiler
- METRON-744: Stellar external functions loaded from HDFS (and huge
speed-up for function resolution)
- METRON-694: Index errors from Topologies, and
- METRON-745: Create Error dashboards
- METRON-712: Separate eval from parse in Stellar
- METRON-765: Add GUID to messages
- METRON-793: Updated to storm-kafka-client spout

We’ve also had numerous bug fixes, docs improvements, and improvements to
deployment tools (docker, ansible, mpack, quickdev, and fulldev).

I think the REST API and Kerberization, by themselves, would justify a
release. Along with the others, I’d like to propose that we make a release
soon. The time frame I had in mind was at the end of this week I could cut
a release branch (so on-going work in master doesn’t get blocked) and start
the process of generating an RC.

What do you-all think?
Also, what additional work do you think should be included in this release,
and can it realistically get done by the end of this week? The time frame
is, of course, flexible at the pleasure of the community – but also, there
will be another release in another couple months or so, so no need to rush
stuff.

Thanks,
--Matt